Conference and Show 2011 kicked off to the sounds of steel drums and Calypso music tonight in Orlando, Fla.
The keynote speech, “Forecasting the Future,” is planned for 8:30 a.m. tomorrow in Grand Sierra D.
Alan Beaulieu, President of the Institute for Trend Research (ITR), Boscawen, N.H., plans to focus on the economy, specifically the effect it might have on Auctioneers in the next two years and what they should do about it.
Beaulieu says he plans to talk about the following:
– The types of risks business owners might want to take
– How to have confidence in today’s economic climate
– Rising cost pressures that are affecting business
– How auction company owners can keep employees happy and productive
Other events NAA Auctioneers can’t miss tomorrow include the following:
– Trade Show Opening, 10:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
– The Future of the Auctioneer, 10:45 a.m. – noon
– NAA Auxiliary Luncheon, Fun Auction and Annual Meeting, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
– Town Hall Meeting, 1:30 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
– Fun Auction, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.