The mid-January convention from the Ohio Auctioneers Association brought more than 300 Auctioneers and guests to Columbus, Ohio, according to a news release.
The association provided eight continuing education credits in Ohio real estate, and education courses included the following:
– “Managing Seller Expectations in Current Market” from Kim Hagen, CAI, AARE, CES, of Hagen Realty Group, Carrollton, Ga.
– “Getting the Best of Both Worlds — Live and Online Auctions” from J.J. Dower, CAI, AARE, of Ayers Auction & Realty, Marknet Alliance Member, LaFollette, Tenn.
A Hall of Fame award from the association went to Ned Gregg, CAI, of Ned F. Gregg Realty Inc., Sycamore, Ohio.
The convention’s Fun Auction brought $13,700 to support the Ohio Auctioneers Association and Ohio Auctioneers Auxiliary.
Members elected these leaders:
– President Bill Stepp of Dilgard & Assoc., Ashland, Ohio
– President-Elect Jeff Harvey, CES, of Wilson-Harvey Auction Group, Springfield, Ohio
– Vice-President Jason Miller of Kaufman Realty & Auctions Inc., Quaker City, Ohio
– Treasurer Peter Gehres, CAI, CES, of United Country — Gryphon Realty & Auction Group, Hilliard, Ohio
– Director-at-Large Jerry Cross, CAI, AARE, of Ravenna, Ohio
– Southeast Director Pat Sheridan
– Southeast Director Larry Woods
– Northeast Director Andy White of Real Estate Showcase Auction Co., Ashland Northeast Director Theresa Blocher of Kiko Auctioneers, Paris, Ohio
– Southwest Director Mark Euton, CES, of Semple & Associates Auctioneer, Williamsburg, Ohio
– Southwest Director Tim Lile, CAI, of Ohio Real Estate Auctions LLC, Xenia, Ohio
– Northwest Director Dan Limber, CAI, of Defiance, Ohio
– Northwest Director Ken Bonnigson, CAI, CES, of Baker Bonnigson Realty and Auctioneers Inc., Clyde, Ohio
The Pennsylvania Auctioneers Association selected as its Auctioneer of the Year Nevin Rentzel, GPPA, of York, Pa., during its mid-January conference.
The conference attracted more than 200 Auctioneers and 27 trade show vendors. The group’s Fun Auction brought $16,540, according to a news release.
The association’s officers for 2011 are as follows:
– President Kenneth Hansell Jr.
– President-Elect Randy Betton
– Vice President Matthew Hurley, CAI, AARE, of Matthew S. Hurley Auction Co. Inc., Greencastle, Pa.
– Treasurer Robert Ensminger of Robert Ensminger Appraisers and Ensminger Auctioneers, Harrisburg, Pa.
The Tennessee Auctioneers Association elected Scott McCarter, CAI, of McCarter Auction Inc., Sevierville, Tenn., as its President during the group’s winter convention Dec. 5-6 in Nashville, Tenn., according to a news release.
The association also elected these other leaders:
– President-Elect Van Massey of Van Massey Realtors/ Auctioneer, Fayetteville, Tenn.
– Treasurer James Gary of Gary Realty & Auction, Springhill, Tenn.
– Vice President-Middle Jay White
– Vice President-West Terri Walker, CAI, BAS, CES, of Walker Auctions, Memphis, Tenn.
– Vice President-East Bobby Carter of Dean Howard & Daughters Auction, Riceville, Tenn.
Other leaders include these Directors:
– Jeff Morris, CAI, AARE, CAI, AARE, of Morris Auction Group, Memphis
– Will McLemore, CAI, of McLemore Auction Co. LLC, Nashville
– Pam Nixon
– Rick Hinson, CAI, GPPA, of Hinson Auction and Real Estate Inc., Jackson, Tenn.
– Marc Colson
The Virginia Auctioneers Association’s annual winter convention comprised more than 150 members and associates Jan. 7-9 in Richmond, Va., according to a news release.
The association named National Auctioneers Association member Brian Kurdziolek of Chesterfield, Va., its 2010 Auctioneer of the Year for his service and dedication to the auction profession.
Chris Rasmus, CAI, of Rasmus Asset Advisors, Alexandria, Va., was inducted into the VAA Hall of Fame, and Rick Romanus of AuctionServices.com, Roanoke, Va., received the 2010 Jake Horney Memorial Award.
Brian Damewood of Bill Tillett & Craig Damewood Auctioneers, Purcellville, Va., received the Morris Fannon Auction School Scholarship.
According to a news release, at its mid-January convention, the Wyoming Auctioneers Association elected these 2011 officers:
– President Kurt Campbell of Torrington, Wy.
– President-Elect Dan Gay of Brannian Auction LLC, Buffalo, Wy.
– Secretary/Treasurer Juanita Japp
– Director Eva Brannian
– Director Herschel Pruitt
– Director Rosie Weston, GPPA, of Al Rose Auction & Realty LLC, Cheyenne, Wy.
– Director Bill Weaver of AL/Rose Auction & Realty, Cheyenne
– Director Brent Wears, CAI, AARE, CES, of Wears Auctioneering Inc., Solon, Iowa