The Idaho Association of Professional Auctioneers provided an array of educational opportunities for its members during its annual convention Jan. 7-8 in Pocatello, Idaho, according to a news release.
Among the presentations were the following:
– “Online Auctions” from National Auctioneers Association Director
Shawn Terrel, CAI, AARE, of United Country Auction Services,
– “Identifying Vintage Clothing” from Roger Stockwell of Prime
Time Auctions Inc., Pocatello
– “Great Benefit Auctions” from Rose Backs of Realty Auction Services,
Post Falls, Idaho
– “Moving Listing Agents from Good to Great” from Terrel
– A round table discussion on the sale of firearms
Stockwell of Prime Time Auctions took home the top prizes in the bid-calling and ringman competitions. He received $1,000, a championship plaque and a belt buckle for each win.
Paul Adams, CAI, of Middleton, Idaho, was runner-up in the bid-calling contest.
The association picked Staci Hernandez of Prime Time Auctions Inc., Pocatello, as its President, and Matt Backs was elected Vice President.
Katherine Taylor remains Secretary and Treasurer.
Directors for 2011 are these members:
– Randy Wells, CAI, AARE, BAS, CES, GPPA, of Realty Auction
Services LLC, Post Falls
– Bart Lockhart of Bart Lockhart Auctions LLC, McCall, Idaho
– Randy Owen of Bighorn Auction Co., Idaho Falls, Idaho
– Steve Hutchins