Kurt Johnson, CAI, BAS, of Kurt Johnson Auctioneering Inc., White Bear Lake, Minn., won the Minnesota State Auctioneers Association’s competition during its 23rd annual Conference and Show, according to a news release.
Johnson is a former President of the association, an instructor at World Wide College of Auctioneering, Mason City, Iowa, and he has been in the auction business for 22 years.
In the field of 16 Auctioneers, Theresa Larson of Reinhardt Auction Service, Aitkin, Minn., was runner-up, and third place went to Austin Bachmann of Bachmann Auctioneers, Ottertail, Minn. Ray Henry, GPPA, of I.R.A.Y. Auction Inc., Foley, Minn., took fourth place.
The event, which was Jan. 6-8 in St. Cloud, Minn., featured several educational seminars and speakers. Former National Auctioneers Association President Randy Wells, CAI, AARE, BAS, CES, GPPA, of Realty Auction Services LLC, Post Falls, Idaho, and NAA CEO Hannes Combest, CAE, attended the show.
Tammy Tisland of Northstar Auctioneers, Hines, Minn., brought home Best of Show from the association’s marketing contest. Fahey Sales Auctioneers & Appraisers, Belle Plaine, Minn., won the People’s Choice award.
The new President for the Minnesota State Auctioneers Association is Andy Imholte, BAS, of Black Diamond Auctions, Shakopee, Minn. The new Vice President is Mark Rime of Rime Auction Service, Wyoming, Minn.
The group’s new directors are as follows:
– Bryce Hansen, CAI, of Hansen & Young Auctioneers, Prairie Farm, Wis.
– Larson of Reinhardt Auction Service
– Matthew Schultz, BAS, of Schultz Auctioneers, Princeton, Minn.
Returning board members are as follows:
– Rod Johnson, AARE, BAS, of Johnson Auctioneering, Cannon Falls, Minn.
– Tony Elfelt, BAS, of AAA Auction and Realty Co., Anoka, Minn.
– Chris Fahey of Fahey Sales Auctioneers & Appraisers, Belle Plaine, Minn.
– Bret Walters of Grafe Auction Co., Racine, Minn.
– Bachmann of Bachmann Auctioneers
– Lance Quam
The association’s outgoing president is Les Stromberg of Stromberg Auctioneering.com, Mora, Minn.