Newly elected members
National Auctioneers Association members elected Bryan Knox, CAI, of JP King Auction Co., Gardendale, Ala., and John Nicholls of Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Fredericksburg, Va., to the association’s Board of Directors on Thursday, July 15.
B. Mark Rogers, CAI, AARE, of Rogers Realty & Auction Co Inc., Mount Airy, N.C., is the association’s new President, and Christie King, CAI, AARE, BAS, of C. King Benefit Auctions LLC, Glencoe, Ala., remains the NAA’s Vice President.
Also during the NAA and National Auctioneers Foundation Annual Business Meeting and Election, members chose the following NAA Auctioneers for the NAF Board of Trustees:
- Jack Hines, CAI, AARE, GPPA, of Hines Auction Service Inc., Ellsworth, Wis.
- Mike Jones, CAI, GPPA, of United Country Auction Services, Dallas, Texas
- Randy Ruhter of Ruhter Auction & Realty Inc., Hastings, Neb.
In his speech before the NAA election, its incoming Director Nicholls let attendees know he would never put the auction profession or the association in a bad light, and he said he stood behind all NAA Auctioneers. Knox said he wanted to make sure the association effects change for all types of Auctioneers, including those who use traditional bid calling and those who use online auctions.
In his speech before the NAF election, Hines told attendees of the NAA Conference and Show in Greensboro, N.C., he would commit his time to enhancing technology, fundraising and education. Jones said he wanted to focus on keeping the NAA operating, preserving the association’s history and preparing young Auctioneers. Ruhter said he would support the NAA in its efforts to further membership, education and communication.
Also during the NAA/NAF meeting, the Foundation announced it had given more than $1 million to the NAA in the past nine years. The NAF also presented the following awards:
- Distinguished Leadership Award: Rob Doyle, CAI, CES, of United Country ― Absolute Auction & Realty Inc., Pleasant Valley, N.Y.
- Distinguished Service Award: Kip Toner, BAS, of Kip Toner Benefit Auctions, Seattle
- Outstanding Service Award: Don Shearer, CAI, CES, GPPA, of Auction Services, Kissimmee, Fla.
Also during the meeting, NAA Treasurer Kurt Kiefer of Kiefer Auction Cos., Fargo, N.D., let members know the NAA is financially stable. The organization, he said, is profitable with about 4,000 members, and the NAA’s goal is to make a 5 percent annual profit.
The 2010-2011 NAA Board of Directors is as follows:
- President B. Mark Rogers, CAI, AARE
- Vice President Christie King, CAI, AARE, BAS
- Treasurer Kurt Kiefer
- Past President Scott Musser, CAI, BAS
- Chief Executive Officer Hannes Combest
- Randy Burdette, CAI, CES
- J.J. Dower, CAI, AARE
- Dennis Jackson, CAI, AARE, CES
- Shawn Terrel, CAI, AARE
- Merle Booker, CAI, GPPA
- Robert Mayo, CAI, AARE, ATS
- Harold Musser, CAI
- Bryan Knox, CAI
- John Nicholls